This is an exciting time at Linfox Armaguard as we transform our business through growth and innovation. As a result, we are now seeking casual Security Support Officers to join our brand. Focusing on the delivery of high quality, customer focused security services, the successful applicants will demonstrate commitment to providing a safe and memorable travel experience. This role is based at the Avalon Airport and requires flexibility in working shifts/rotating roster.
The Security Support Officers role will be responsibilities for:
- Providing a positive customer engagement experience
- Establishing and controlling access to and exit from (Sterile Area) an airside security zone or landside security zone at an airport
- Screening item and people by interpreting X-ray images and body scanners as per Aviation Screening Notice and Aviation Screener Regulations
Searching aircraft, vehicles, premises and people
Undertaking emergency response action plan in the event of security threat
Monitor computer alarm systems, closed-circuit television (CCTV) systems and communicate by radio using mobile units to respond to alarms
Watch for irregularities and report incidents to the appropriate authority
To be successful in the role, you will have the following qualifications and experiences:
- Certificate II or above in Security Operations
- Currently hold or willing to obtain a Private Security Individual Licence (Victoria)
- Currently hold or willing to obtain a Certificate qualification in Airport Screening (CPPSEC2108)
- An Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC)
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Drivers Licence
- Ability to communicate effectively with members of the public and internal stakeholders, both verbally and in written communication.
- Ability to resolve and de-escalate conflict
- Computer literacy
- Proficiency in a second language is desirable, but not essential
Successful applicants will be required to undergo thorough pre-employment checks including criminal, financial and medical background checks.
If this sounds like a career for you, please submit your application and apply for this role.
Armaguard, part of the Linfox Armaguard Group Pty Ltd is an equal opportunity employer.
Armaguard supports a workplace culture of zero harm and encourage this in all that we do.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply.